Postdoctoral Fellow in Translational and Clinical Bioinformatics - University of Nevada School of Medicine
We are seeking a highly motivated and independent postdoctoral fellow with significant experience in the area of bioinformatics. The position is being created to strengthen the genomic/genetic research at the Department of Physiology and Cell Biology, University of Nevada School of Medicine. The postdoctoral fellow will develop and apply computational tools to assist with clinical and multi-omic data analysis. The postdoctoral fellow is also required to work in close collaboration with physiologist, biologists, and physician scientists from the wet labs. This fully funded position will be granted initially for two years with the possibility of extension. Competitive salary will be offered.
The major responsibilities of this position include:
1. Integrate clinical and multi-omic data from own as well as published sources to answer meaningful questions in the area of translational medicine, physiology, and cell biology.
2. Utilize multi-omic data to develop molecular signatures for human diseases.
3. Collect, analyze and, compare next generation sequencing data (including assembly, annotation, variance identification, and data curation).
4. Develop computational tools to identify and quantify non-coding RNAs from ribosomal RNA depletion RNA-seq data.
5. Assist with computational work request from the Department of Physiology and Cell Biology.
1. PhD degree in bioinformatics, computational biology, biostatistics, or relevant field.
2. The applicant should be well versed with programming languages, including Python, Perl, or C/C++.
3. The applicant must be able to demonstrate the ability to perform custom scripting languages.
4. Experience with SAS or R is required.
5. The applicant should work efficiently, goal-oriented and accurate, have a deep interest in research and must be proficient in English.
1. Applicant with research experience in meta-analysis is highly desirable.
2. Applicant with publications in the field of molecular evolution is preferred.
3. Applicant with working knowledge of Linux is preferred.