Organization: Department of Chemistry, Texas A&M University
Dr Lei Fang’s group in the Chemistry Department of Texas A&M University (US News Chemistry ranking #24) is accepting applications for a Postdoctoral Research Associate position. A successful candidate will conduct research in the design and synthesis of functional organic molecules and macromolecules, characterization of polymeric materials, and investigation of a variety of applications. The research project has a focus on pi-conjugated ladder molecules and macromolecules. The successful candidate is also responsible for writing manuscripts, assisting preparation of grant proposals, and helping with student mentoring and group organization.
• Design and synthesis of novel conjugated molecules and macromolecules.
• Chemical and materials characterization
• Communicate results and participate in group meetings and conferences
• Mentoring students, manuscript preparation and grant proposal writing.
• Experience in organic synthesis and polymer synthesis.
• Molecular and materials characterization
• Organic electronics or photovoltaics
• Synthesis and characterization of porous materials
• Ph.D in Chemistry, Materials Science, Chemical Engineering, or related fields
• Record of academic accomplishments and achievements documented by scientific publications and presentations
• Evidence of ability to work as an independent researcher with critical scientific judgment
• Ability to collaborate and effectively communicate with colleagues and peers in a diverse research team
Please submit a single attachment that includes a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, and the names of at least two references through email to: firstname.lastname@example.org